Licence to copy
You may copy any of the materials contained in the Affluent Financial Planning website provided that you comply with the following licence conditions:
- In all cases, the item or article must be copied in full without addition, deletion or alteration
- You may print a hard copy of any item for your personal use or for use by others within your organisation
- You may download any item to a hard disk provided that such disk is accessible only by you or by others within your organisation
- You may provide a copy of any item to a third party for their personal use provided that:
- the copy identifies the Affluent Financial Planning web page as the source of the material
- the copy includes the Affluent Financial Planning web address
- the copy is not incorporated into any other work or publication
- you do not supply the copy for payment or other direct commercial gain
- you notify the third party that these licence conditions also apply to him/her and that he/she must comply with them in respect of the copy.
- If you wish to copy or reproduce any materials contained in the Affluent Financial Planning website in a manner not permitted by the above licence conditions, please contact us.
The information contained on this website is issued on behalf of Affluent Financial Planning.
This document shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. The information, products and services referred to in this publication are not directed at any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country outside the United Kingdom.
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up, and you may not recover the amount of your original investment. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Where an investment involves exposure to a foreign currency, changes in rates of exchange may cause the value of the investment, and the income from it, to go up or down. In the case of some investments, you should be aware that there is no recognised market for them, and that it may therefore be difficult for you to deal in them or for you to obtain reliable information about their value or the extent of the risks to which they are exposed. Certain investments carry a higher degree of risk than others and are, therefore, unsuitable for some investors. It may be possible to lose all your initial capital in certain types of investments. Before contemplating any transaction, you should consider whether you require financial advice, which we would be pleased to provide upon request.
The information in this document is not intended as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities or any other investment or banking product, nor does it constitute a personal recommendation.
Affluent Financial Planning uses reasonable care to make sure that the information and material appearing on this website is accurate and up-to-date.
However, errors and omissions may occur and the user should not take the accuracy of the information and material for granted or rely upon it as a statement or representation of fact. If users are in any doubt they should check directly with Affluent Financial Planning.
The information and material on all of the pages of this website is provided as a general illustration of Affluent Financial Planning and the services it offers. The information and material contained herein is not intended to and neither does it create any business, contractual or employment relationship and neither is it supplied for any other purpose not explicitly stated.
Affluent Financial Planning has no control over the use to which the information and material provided on all of the pages of this website may be put by the user.
Access to the Affluent Financial Planning website is solely at the user’s risk and accordingly Affluent Financial Planning, its principals, employees, or agents, shall not be liable for any loss of profits or contracts or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of such information and material or of its access on this website whether by corruption, virus or otherwise.
Affluent Financial Planning EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY GUARANTEE OF FITNESS OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The Affluent Financial Planning website including the content of the pages is subject to Scottish law.
This policy governs how we treat information obtained by us, either from your use of this website or through the delivery of our services to you.
Collection of personal information
In order to use most of this website you do not have to provide any personal information. If you wish to subscribe to receive mailings from us you will need to complete the on-line form; or if you e-mail us, we will collect personal information about you.
Use and disclosure of information
We process your information:
- To deal with your enquiries and requests.
- To market our services to you directly. If you opt to receive general mailings from us we may contact you by letter, e-mail or telephone.
- To manage our business.
We are committed to dealing with your personal and corporate information fairly and lawfully.
We will only disclose information to members of our staff and to third parties necessarily involved in the maintenance and updating of this website (see under confidentiality).
If you contract with us for specific services, our agreement with you will also detail strict non-disclosure and confidentiality clauses. All parties to any potential transaction are required to agree to these.
Affluent Financial Planning respects your commercial and personal confidence. This Confidentiality Policy (‘Policy’) represents our commitment to the protection of your confidence through the embodiment of fair information practices, both manual and electronic. Our Policy places you, as an individual and/or organization, in control of how your information is processed. We promise that we will not process your information, either manually or electronically in any way that is incompatible with this Policy.
This policy protects your confidence by:
- Informing you about the types of information Affluent Financial Planning collects about you, either through our Website or during the course of our business; How we collect that information; The general purposes for which we collect such information; The types of organizations to which we disclose information; And the choices and means by which individuals and corporations may limit its use and disclosure.
- Assuring you that Affluent Financial Planning takes reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction; Implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that any and all information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered; Uses reasonable measures to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the information you have provided; and provides you reasonable access to your information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate.
- The information we receive from or about you is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. Although we take all appropriate steps to protect any information which you provide to us, you will understand that in also using the Internet to collect some information, this necessarily involves data being sent internationally.
- By using the website and/or exchanging e-mails with us we shall take it that you agree to our processing your information in this way. If you are in any doubt about supplying information then we readily accept phone calls and written correspondence (with or without special delivery or courier status).
Third party communications
Under no circumstances do we share data with third parties unless you, the client, provide prior and specific authorization to release agreed profile information to one or more specified parties.
How we put information to good use
We use information about you and your organization for the purposes of performing the services you have instructed us to do, as well as to ensure that we: (i) administer your account in accordance with your expectations, and (ii) monitor, and improve on, our internal operations properly.
Finally, we use the information we collect to direct important notices and information affecting your account or services, as well as to provide you with general information that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, surveys and information about our service offerings. You may opt-out of receiving such general information from us simply by notifying us of your desire in accordance with the opt-out instructions contained in any information message you receive from us. However, please note that, in order to fulfill our specific service obligations to you, we will continue to send you notices and other important information that affect our agreement with you.
Our accountability to you
By registering for our services, you obtain the protections of, and consent to, the data processing practices described in this Confidentiality Policy. When you purchase our services you also represent to us that you have provided notice to, and obtained consent from, any third party individuals whose confidential information you supply to us with regard to: (i) the purposes for which such third party’s data have been collected, (ii) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of the third party’s confidential information, (iii) how the third party can access and, if necessary, modify the data held about them.
In addition to the privacy protections that we provide, our employees and business partners are independently responsible for ensuring compliance with this Confidentiality Policy, as described below.
Only those Affluent Financial Planning employees that have a legitimate business purpose for accessing and handling confidential information obtained by us are given authorisation to do so. The unauthorised access or use of such information by an Affluent Financial Planning employee is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action.
Additionally, our information management systems are configured in such a way as to block or inhibit employees from accessing information that they have no authority to access.
Accountability of Affluent Financial Planning’s business partners
From time to time trusted business partners may be responsible for processing or handling some of the information that we receive. Full disclosure of all such partners with authority to view your information will be made to you during the normal course of our service delivery. These partners are not authorized to use your information for purposes beyond those specified by us and are required to preserve the confidentiality with which we treat such information.
If you feel that Affluent Financial Planning, or any of our partners or employees, is violating this Confidentiality Policy, please contact us.
Notification of changes
We will post any changes to this Confidentiality Policy 30 days before their effective date so you will always know what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. You are responsible for periodically checking our website for changes to this Confidentiality Policy. You may opt-out of any posted change to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by sending an email to us.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us